Welcome to Redeemer Kids! Our commitment to children is a reflection of the love Jesus has for them. At FRC, we recognize that children learn through relationships and play. We strive to engage children with quality, age-appropriate, and creative activities designed to build a strong spiritual foundation. It’s our hope that each child will come to know Jesus, worship Him and adore Him. We provide a safe and nurturing environment for children while parents attend small group and worship. Our teachers are dedicated and enthusiastic to help guide children in learning about the Bible, Jesus, and His love for them. All teachers are screened with a security background check before being placed in the classroom. Teachers are prepared to welcome children into the classroom 15 minutes prior to the beginning of our small group or worship service time.
- For our nursery age children, we give each child the utmost care and attention in a comfortable and loving environment.
- 9:15 AM – Small Group Bible Time: 2 year olds through preschool age children are placed in classes by birth date. Bible lessons are taught through visuals, games, and other activities specific to each age group.
- 10:45 AM – Preschool Worship: 2 year olds through preschool age children begin activities in a classroom and then have a time of large group worship with puppets, music, and a Bible story.
- Nursery care is provided for the children of those who are volunteering or participating in a ministry on campus.
- AWANA Cubbies is available for 3 and 4 year olds (September–May). Please scroll down for more information regarding AWANA Clubs.
- During the summer months, parents must be participating in a ministry on campus in order to leave children in our care during the summer.
- Parent/Child dedication is a covenant between God, the church and the parents, in which the parents fully desire to live godly lives and raise children “in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.”
- Dedication is available to members of FRC. Dedication services are held on Mother’s Day and, if needed, again in the fall. If you are interested in participating, please contact Debbie Schmid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Childcare • During church-wide events, childcare is offered for our preschool age children. On occasion, and based on the event, childcare may be extended through the 5th grade. • We will receive children 30 minutes prior to the event start time.
- 9:15 AM – Small Group Time
Kindergarten through 5th grade children are placed in classes based on grade level. Bible lessons are taught during this time each week through activities, games, and discussion geared toward each age group.
- 10:45 AM – Elementary Worship
- K-2nd grade meet together for large group worship which includes music, drama, skits, and a Bible lesson to help each child grow in their faith.
- 3rd – 5th grade worship together through music, skits, drama, games, discussion, and lessons that are taught in ways that are relevant and applicable to their life.
- On Wednesday night (September-May), we offer AWANA Clubs for our children in Kindergarten through the 5th grade. Please scroll down for more information regarding AWANA Clubs.
- During the summer months, we offer a Bible lesson supported by a video series. Parents must be participating in a ministry on campus in order to leave children in our care during the summer.
Baptism of Children
- At First Redeemer, we encourage and give opportunities for children to make a decision to accept Jesus as their Savior. After a child has made the decision to follow Jesus, the next step is baptism. We advise that parents do not prompt your child to be baptized, however, wait until your child is asking about baptism. This should be a decision that they come to on their own, as this will give indication that they are ready to make this spiritual milestone in their life.
- If your child has asked to be baptized, you should contact the Children’s Ministry office to make an appointment for your child to discuss with a pastor.
- During the appointment, your child will affirm their faith and then the meaning of baptism will be explained to him/her. After the meeting, a date for baptism can be scheduled.
- Baptisms take place on Sunday mornings during either of the worship services.
As part of our Children’s Ministry, we are happy to offer AWANA to the families that attend First Redeemer Church.
AWANA Clubs is a ministry program of Bible teaching, Scripture memorization, games, special events and lots of fun for children ages 3 years old through the 5th grade. We offer Awana Clubs on Wednesday nights September through May, 6:30 – 8:00. Enrollment is based on space availability. Please contact us for more information.
- Available to children who have turned 3 years old by August 31st of the current year and must be completely potty-trained.
- Cubbies® celebrates the spiritual potential of preschoolers by helping them develop respect for God, His Son and His Word. Preschoolers can hardly wait for their next Cubbies club meeting. Whether it is the fun puppets, the games or all their Cubbies friends, they simply love it.
- Available for children in Kindergarten through 2nd grade.
- Sparks® ignites the curiosity of early elementary-age kids to learn about the people and events of the Bible, building a foundation of wisdom for knowing Christ.
- Sparks is divided into three years, each with a unique rank: HangGlider®, WingRunner®, and SkyStormer™. Each year, Sparks clubbers will:
- explore the biographies of people of the Bible from a new portion of Scripture
- memorize Bible verses
- complete handbook activities
Truth and Training (T&T)
- Available for children in 3rd through 5th grade.
- T&T engages children by answering their questions about God and the Bible, guiding them through this pivotal life stage to grow in Christ’s grace.
- T&T is comprised of four handbooks: T&T Ultimate Adventure™ and T&T Ultimate Challenge™ which are designed to help kids stay plugged into T&T as they move into the preteen years and continue growing in their relationship with Christ.
Fall Family Fun Festival
- October 31st of each year.
- This is a wonderful night for kids of all ages and the entire family to enjoy carnival games, outdoor inflatables, popcorn, and lots of candy.
- Children are encouraged to come dressed up and ready to have fun!
In reaching and teaching children each week, it takes hundreds of people to make it happen…which is why we always welcome more volunteers to help us give the very best to our children. If you are a member of FRC and interested in helping in one of the following with Redeemer Kids, please email us and let us know where you would like to serve.
- Nursery – care for infants during both Worship Services
- Small Group Teachers – Preschoolers through 5th grade
- Help in the classroom each morning at 9:15AM
- Materials and supplies are prepared for you
- Worship Time – Preschoolers through 5th grade
- Help in classroom and worship for Preschoolers
- Help in large group worship for K-5th grade
- Vacation Bible School (VBS) – leaders to maintain structure and guide the children to each activity
- AWANA Clubs – Preschool through 5th Grade
- People to listen to children recite verses each week and help children rotate to each activity
FRC Ministries – Children’s Choir
As part of our Children’s Ministry, we are happy to offer Children’s Choir to the families that attend First Redeemer Church.
The First Redeemer children’s music program is for children ages 3 through 5th grade. Come join this fantastic program with over 300 children each week!
Your kids will love FRC Children’s Choir!
In choir, your child will learn basic music concepts, enjoy fun activities, learn about various instruments, develop singing, acting and speaking techniques, and grow in their faith in God. Preschool and graded choirs meet each Wednesday, 5:30 PM – 6:15 PM during the months of September through May.
Preschool Age Children:
Debbie Schmid, Director of Preschool Ministry
Elementary Age Children:
Donna Steele, Director of Children
Lynette Edwards, Director of Children’s Choir